Girl Scout STEAM DAY
Saturday March 11
There is no art without science in Glass Blowing.
Join us for an exclusive Girl Scout glass blowing demonstration and discussion of thermodynamics as a key component in glass blowing. Following the discussion each participant will have the opportunity to join the team on the floor for quick hands on activity with HOT glass; the activity will provide an understanding of the texture and temperature of glass in its workable state and how thermodynamics impacts glass. You will receive a glass coin as a memento of your experience.
Two time slots;
Reservations are required.
Fee is $10.00 per participant
Presentation will run approximately 2 hours
Activity will take place at;
Stone and Glass, 1285 Simpson Way, Escondido CA 92029
Please make reservations on line, at //mandalacreative.net/stoneandglass/book-a-class/ and click the Girl Scout tab to find this event.
- Reservations are required
- Full payment is required at registration
- To work safely in a hot glass studio you must wear closed toed shoes and natural fiber clothing
- If you are improperly dressed you may not be permitted to participate.
- NO SHORT SHORTS OR SHORT SKIRTS
- Long hair must be pulled back
- This is not a drop off activity; Girl Scout Adult/Child ratios must be met.